A large room is a great thing to have in your home. It can serve as a gathering space for family and friends, a place to watch movies or play games, or simply a place to relax. But if you don’t take the time to properly design and furnish your large room, it can quickly become a space that feels cold and unwelcoming. Here are 11 things every large room needs to feel warm, inviting, and comfortable:
1. Comfortable seating: A large room is a perfect place for comfortable seating that can accommodate multiple people. Think about adding a couch, loveseat, armchair, or ottoman that people can sink into and relax.
2. A coffee table: A coffee table is essential for any living room or family room. It provides a place to set down drinks, snacks, books, magazines, remote controls, and more. If you have the space, consider adding two coffee tables, one in front of the sofa and one in front of the armchairs. This will give people more options for where to put their drinks and snacks.
3. End tables: End tables are another essential piece of furniture for any large room. They provide additional surface space next to sofas and chairs. End tables also provide a place to set lamps, which can help create different lighting options in the room.
4. A rug: Rugs are not only aesthetically pleasing, but they also help define different areas within a large room. For example, you could use an area rug to create a conversation area around your sofa and coffee table. Rugs can also help reduce noise levels in a large room by absorbing sound waves.
5. Window treatments: In addition to curtains or blinds, window treatments can also include things like valances, shades, and draperies. Window treatments serve both functional and aesthetic purposes by helping to control the amount of light entering the room and adding
6. Artwork: Artwork is one of the easiest ways to add color, pattern, texture, and interest to any room, large or small. When choosing artwork for a large room, think about scale and proportion so that the artwork doesn’t get lost on the wall. You might also want to consider hanging multiple pieces of artwork together to create a gallery wall effect.
7. Mirrors: Mirrors are another great way to add interest to any room. They have the added benefit of making the space feel brighter and bigger thanks to their reflective surfaces. When choosing mirrors for a large room, look for ones with interesting frames or shapes that will complement your other decor items.
8. Lighting and lamps: Table lamps provide both function and style by giving you control over the amount of light in the room while also adding visual interest. Floor lamps are another great way to add light to a large room while also freeing up floor space that might be taken up by table lamps. Ceiling lights are also ideal for providing general illumination in a large room. While wall sconces are wall-mounted light fixtures that can provide both general illumination and accent lighting.
9. Room humidifier: A large room humidifier improves air quality by adding moisture to the air. This helps reduce static electricity, makes the room feel more comfortable, and can also help reduce the occurrence of respiratory problems. Room humidifiers are especially beneficial in winter when the air is often dry and can cause respiratory problems.
10. Plants: Plants are not only aesthetically pleasing, but they also help purify the air and can even help improve your mood. Greenery is always welcome in any home because it adds life (literally) and freshness to any space. When choosing plants for a large room, look for low-maintenance varieties that don’t require a lot of sunlight or water.
11. Warming decor: Candles are always nice to have on hand because they can instantly make any space feel cozier and more inviting. Blankets and throw pillows are must-haves for any large room because they add both warmth and comfort. And finally, don’t forget about the power of a good scent! Scented candles, diffusers, and potpourri can all help make a large room feel more inviting.
In Closing: Creating a Focal Point
By following these simple tips, you can turn your large space into a warm and inviting gathering place for family and friends alike. Creating a focal point will also help give the room a sense of purpose and make it feel more cohesive.
In a large room, this could be a fireplace, a piece of art, or a large window. Whatever you choose, make sure it’s something that you love and that reflects your style. With a little bit of effort, you can transform your large room into a space that you’re proud to show off.